Sunday, July 21, 2013

A CALL to Arms... of Love

Inspiration even when many see none.

Okay, I don't care your political leaning, or who you voted for; but I'm sure you have seen people say they will stand by their guns and Bibles, and have a come and get it attitude, right? Well I have.

You see, I'm a gun owner, and a Christian. I believe I have the right to defend myself and my family by any force necessary, however, there are few things I'd die for.

I'd die for my family and God. My guns (I only own two, and they are hunting guns) I love them, and I hate the fact that our nation is working hard to take that right away from me. But it's coming. I doubt by the time I'm fifty (if there is even a US left, assuming it's not a new nation) there will be no such thing as gun owner. People will have to make a choice. Which will be, either die before giving them up, or giving them up freely.

The problem with this is, what's the point if by standing your ground you get yourself killed? For the Christian they might want to read more of the Bible.

While there are times where standing your ground is acceptable in the Word of God, more than anything God sent his people into the world to spread His message, and when he did they didn't kill people in the name of God. I'm not saying there weren't battles in the Old Testament where God okayed battle, but I'm talking about those who died for their faith. Look at Peter, how it turned out for him. John the Baptist. And on. What did Jesus ask us to do?

Matthew 16:24

(24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples," If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Matthew 6:33

(33) "But seek first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto to you."

This section of Matthew 6 talks about not worrying about food, water, and clothing for tomorrow. But it can go with anything else.

You want to keep the right to bare arms? So do I, but I don't want to see half of my family get themselves killed over it, or half of the country for that matter. If you're not a Christian, then my words here probably have no affect on you. But for those of you who are, and keep the Bible as important as guns, let me share this with you:

James 1:2-4

(2)"Consider it pure joy, My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, (3) because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. (4)"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may mature and complete, not lack in anything."

Which do you believe deserves the highest obedience? God or country? I understand the idea behind defending freedom, but when the government takes over completely, they will have all the cards. And when Americans decide to react violently they will not do our side any justice. It will makes us look like the bad guys. I say dwell on God. As much as you can. Leave the prayer channel open all the time, meditate on Him. When you're at work, if you can think about other things and still do your job, think on Him. Focus on what God would want you to do. Because if you're a Christian, this isn't about what you want, it's about what God wants. After all, didn't He see it coming? He could have stopped it and didn't. So there must be a reason.

Hebrews 4:12

"For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double edge sword, it penetrates even dividing the soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the hearts."

I'd say the Word is even stronger than guns. It's alive! What does that mean?

Well, when we read the Bible, and we're open to God He does communicate with us. It's to the point for me where I can't open my Bible and read without my eyes hitting something very relevant in my life. When He speaks to us (for some they really hear Him, and that's fine) He usually does it through thoughts, and feeling. He guides us. But we cannot go to the scriptures with our own thinking. We must be willing to read exactly what God means. We can understand it better if we allow ourselves to be open to God.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5

(3) "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (4) (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) (5) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

Ephesians 6:12

(12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

There's a time and place for everything. We need to drop our pride and follow Him. And to be honest I find it to be much more joyful. When I worried about gun laws, it ate me up. I knew there was no way we can fight this injustice and to do so rightly. But as in all things, I know fighting without violence, doing as God wants us to do, I feel complete.

Do not act out. If you do that then you are playing their game. The one word that means rebel is, "NO". But if you act out, you're saying, "YES" to their agenda, which means you're conforming They want to use you, they want to make you an example. They will us to make those who are against us, be against us that much more.

Romans 12:2

(2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Bullets won't win this war. Our faith is all we have. Take away our guns, our rights, cast us into prison; who are we? We're children of God, the vessel of Christ who is mightier than anything man has devised. Kill us. Hurt us. Take from us. We rebel by staying true to our Father, and to our Lord.

Brothers and sisters, this IS not the age of fear, this IS not the age of anger; but the age of rejoicing. No matter when it's our time, we will soon be with our Lord. No one can take that away from us. Be of good cheer, for the Lord will command our steps if we ask Him to. 24/7 faith and prayer. Do not let the carnal world stop you from keeping faith.

They come at us with laws, they come for our freedoms, and we shall meet them in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment